These 10 Superfoods Can Turn Your Smoothie into a Powerhouse
List of 10 Superfoods to Add to Your Smoothies.
To power up your smoothie add any of these ingredients or why not add a few…
More about the 10 Superfoods to Add to Your Smoothies
- Turmeric adds flavor to smoothies and helps to reduce inflammation. I love turmeric in my smoothies, here is one of my favorite turmeric smoothie recipes.
- Ginger is an ancient natural remedy that adds a great kick to any smoothie.
- Beetroot is known for its detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties. Just beware its strong taste and use in moderation.
- Raw honey is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and has anti bacterial properties and is also the perfect sweetener if you like your smoothies somewhat sweeter.
- Kale is a wonderful source of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids.
- Aloe vera is a great detoxifier, increases blood flow and improve skin elasticity. All forms of aloe vera is not edible, so be sure to do your homework before you add it to your drinks.
- Activated Charcoal is best known for its detoxifying elements. It may look a little gross, but really has no taste. So even though it may spoil the look of your smoothie, you won’t really taste it.
- I love to use lemons in my smoothies. They perk up the taste, is rich in vitamin C and is an natural detoxifier. Actually I love to start my day with lemon water and sometimes sip on it all day. You can check out my favorite lemon water recipe here.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and protein and supports healthy digestion. I normally soak my chia seeds before adding them to my smoothies. Beware of their gel like texture and initially add only a small spoon. Try this great recipe.
- Try Cayenne Pepper in your smoothies. Not only does it give a kick to any drink, but it also boost circulation thereby boosting metabolism.
Which of these 10 Superfoods will you be adding to your smoothies? Please share your ideas with us below…