The Smoothie Recipe to Support and Balance Your Hormones
This delicious smoothie to balance your hormones is recommended by Dr. Taz Bhatia. She says: “The healing potential that we can capture through what we drink is fascinating.”
Firstly, enjoy Dr. Taz’s Green Smoothie for Healthy Hormones and then check out why it is so good for you.
Healthy Balanced Hormones Recipe
1 cup organic kale, spinach, mustard, or Swiss chard (you can rotate to try different flavors)
2 tablespoons fresh organic parsley
1 tablespoon organic dandelion greens
1 organic banana, peeled frozen or fresh
½ cup frozen organic strawberries or cherries
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ to ½ cup filtered water
1 teaspoon raw, local honey (if needed)
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy…
Why this Smoothie to Balance Your Hormones?
Dr. Bhatia focuses on two elements to achieve “Happy” hormones. The first is to detox and support liver function as a healthy liver is crucial to support hormones. The second element is to ensure that you eat lots of healthy fats as they are needed to build healthy hormones.
Dr. Bhatia says that based on Chinese medicine we should remember that: “The liver is the powerhouse for all things hormonal.”
If you have a sluggish liver, your hormones won’t break things down appropriately. If you have a fatty liver, your insulin levels will continue to be thrown off. And deficient liver energy can leave your hormone levels waning and disappearing, triggering infertility, irregular periods, and more.
This green smoothie aims to balance your hormones, helps to support liver function and thereby support the function of your hormones.
It is high in fiber and helps to flush the liver and the digestive system. The greens metabolize and bind to any bad by-products and help to flush them from the body before they can do any harm.
- Kale as a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables contains chemicals that help to metabolize estrogen and remove carcinogens from the body.
- Spinach is high in magnesium and iron, essential micronutrients for healthy hormones,
- Mustard greens metabolize and detoxify estrogen.
- Swiss chard contains a high amount of antioxidants and beta-carotene that support the liver in glutathione production which is a potent liver detoxifier.
Both parsley and dandelion greens are well-known liver-supporting herbs.
- Parsley contains chlorophyll, folic acid, and beta-carotene to support the liver and aid in hormone production.
- Dandelion greens serve as a diuretic, helping the liver eliminate toxins that might be affecting your hormone balance.
- Fresh, organic strawberries contain iodine, a mineral that supports the thyroid.
- Cherries are rich in flavonoids, antioxidants that support hormone production.
Healthy fats are critical as hormone builders. They provide the building blocks to produce hormones like progesterone and estrogen.
- Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, protein, and healthy fat and an excellent source of omega-3 fats, which help to combat inflammation.
To read more about Dr. Bhatia and her drink to balance your hormones, go here.
What do you think? Will you try this green Smoothie to Balance Your Hormones? Do you have other suggestions to balance hormones? Please share your ideas and or recipes with us in the comments…