Apple Cherry and Almond Breakfast Smoothie your kid will love
It is back to school time and we are all wanting to give our kids healthy and filling breakfasts and school snacks. I found this delicious and filling apple cherry and almond breakfast smoothie that most kids will love.
The recipe is made with fresh apples and frozen cherries that gives it a delicious flavor. It has Greek yogurt, almonds and almond milk which makes it high in protein. And real old fashioned oats adds a fiber boost.
The recipe is the brainchild of Erin from Delightful E Made. She says that initially she made this for herself, but that her 7 old year son loves it.
- 1 c. Plain Greek Yogurt (or Vanilla)
- 1 c. light, vanilla almond milk
- ½ c. frozen cherries
- ½ medium apple, peeled and cored
- ½ c. old fashioned oatmeal
- ¼ c. raw almonds
- 2 packets of stevia sweetener (or the sweetener of your choice)
- In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 30-60 seconds. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy right away. Top with additional oatmeal and slivered almonds if you prefer.
This recipe makes two medium (8 oz) smoothies, or one very large 16 oz. smoothie.
Why not share your favorite kid smoothie recipes with us below in the comments or on our Facebook page.